Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Bear Creek CX.

So last weekend I toed the lione for the first race of the 2008-2009 Cyclocross season.

I headed out with a strong crew of 4 from the Rutgers Cycling Team. As an Alum I was really glad to see everyone, since it's been a while.
After a few warmup laps, everyone seemed to be in good spirits. The course was top notch, muddy as hell since it rained the day before. Perfect.

Men's c (3/4) Race.
I lined up 2nd row, gun goes off and I'm 4th into the hole shot. By the first lap I'm 2nd. Lap 2 I begin to trade off attacks with 1st. We go back and fourth for a bit and I break free. For the next 3 laps I ride solo until 1 lap to go. ThrouAll of a sudden, Flat.
Got off the bike, walked to the registration and signed up for the Men's B (2/3/4) Race. Took 11th.

Guess that's life.

No comments: